Classes and special events at the University of Southern Indiana are rarely cancelled or delayed, and seldom are University offices closed. When conditions warrant, USI may delay classes and/or opening the University, cancel classes (but University offices remain open) or close the University.
When the main campus is closed, all events (including those sponsored by off-campus organizations) are cancelled. Announcements about individual department or program activities will not be made.
Information on class delays, cancellations or University closings is announced and conveyed in several ways. USI employees and students are encouraged to be familiar with the following ways to receive information.
- A RAVEAlert (email, text message and voice message options) email is automatically sent to employees and students via their USI account. However, preferred email addresses, phone and mobile phone numbers to receive voice alerts and text messages may be added. RAVEAlert accounts can be managed and tested by logging on to myUSI and clicking the RAVEAlert icon.? Highly recommended.
- Information is posted to the USI homepage at buzzhate.com.?This will be a primary source for announcements. Highly recommended.
As available, additional information about facility hours, food service, Rice Library, Recreational Fitness and Wellness Center, transportation and other resources will be posted at?buzzhate.com/emergency.
- Dial 812-464-8600 to reach USI's main switchboard. An emergency message may be recorded when there are no operators available.?
- Radio and television stations and local newspapers receive delay, cancellation or closing announcements.
- Social media sites, including Facebook and Twitter will carry updates.
Preparedness initiatives offer simple steps to plan for emergencies.?They include prepare, make a plan, and be informed. Make a plan today of how you will connect with announcements about cancellations, delayed openings and closings, manage your RAVEAlert options (if you have not already done so), check the emergency preparedness webpage at buzzhate.com/emergency赚钱微信提现的消消乐 for more details, and keep this information handy. ?
When classes are cancelled or delayed but the University remains open, employees are expected to report to work as usual.
In the event of delayed opening or campus closure, non-essential personnel should not report to work without the approval of their supervisor. Supervisors/managers of employees who still report to work have the authority to tell the employee to return home. If you are unsure of your status as either essential or non-essential, check with your supervisor/manager.
Essential personnel are required to report to work in the event of any cancellation, delayed opening or campus closing. Essential personnel are those vital to the operation of the facility, whose absence from duty could endanger the safety and well-being of the campus population and/or physical plant. Essential personnel are determined by their department heads based upon the incident, job function and level of operations to be sustained.?
At the beginning of each semester, faculty and students should discuss plans for communicating class status related to University closing, class cancellation or delayed opening.
For information about leave or compensation, contact Human Resources at 812-464-1815.
Campus call ext. 7777 or?
812-492-7777 from your cell phone
For routine business, call 812-464-1845.
Local Law Enforcement Information
812-421-6201 (Command Post)